Ocarinists around the world, it’s time to make our annual collab! I recently posted the song we’ll be performing for our collab, but in case you missed it, check it out below.
Also be sure to check out our 2014 collab and 2015 collab to get an idea of how these are edited. This year, we’re going to be a little more organized, so please read through all the rules and FAQ section below and if you have any questions, feel free to comment on my Facebook wall or Tweet at me (@Docjazz4). Happy playing! -DER
– Download the sheet music and tabs HERE
– Song details
Ocarina needed: 10 hole, 12 hole, 5 hole, or 6 hole in C
Key: D major
– All instruments are welcome (especially the intro), but to help us keep track of who’s playing what and which parts, please refer to and use this form
– Please play along with backing tracks provided below using earbuds or headphones. I will be layering a new backtrack over your instrument audio, so we should not hear the backtrack in your video. [UPDATED 11/2/16]
— Backtrack 1 (all instruments with click)
— Backtrack 2 (all instruments, without click)
— Stems/Individual parts (WAV format, ZIP file)
– DO NOT EDIT YOUR VIDEOS. Even though only a portion of your performance may be used, leaving your videos unedited makes it MUCH easier for me to edit, even if there are large amounts of silence where you are not playing.
– Video files accepted: .MP4 and .MOV are preferable. Please do not submit .AVI or .WMV.
– To submit your video, please upload your file to Dropbox, Google Drive, or host on your own personal server, then submit a downlink via this Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/jAXEl2MdfoweOoTZ2
– Submission Deadline [UPDATED]: November 27th, 11:59pm Pacific
** Frequently Asked Questions **
What if I don’t own a good camera or recording equipment?
If you can’t borrow one from a family or friend, many smartphones are equipped with pretty nice cameras and mics, which are perfectly fine. Otherwise, it’s okay if your camera isn’t the best. I just want you to be a part of this and to have fun!
Why kind of ocarina do I need? Why doesn’t my ocarina sound in tune with the song?
This song was written for ocarinas tuned to C, so while it may be possible for you to play with an ocarina tuned to a different pitch, you will need to transpose the song.
Do we have to film in front of a public landmark like previous years?
No. however, considering we’re each representing our cities, states, and countries, it would still be cool to see some outdoor landmarks AND you’ll be sharing the ocarina with others around you!