Ocarinists around the world, it’s time to make our annual collab! I recently posted the song we’ll be performing for our collab, but in case you missed it, check it out below.
Also be sure to check out our 2014 collab and 2015 collab to get an idea of how these are edited. This year, we’re going to be a little more organized, so please read through all the rules and FAQ section below and if you have any questions, feel free to comment on my Facebook wall or Tweet at me (@Docjazz4). Happy playing! -DER
– All instruments are welcome
– Song details:
- Ocarina needed: 10 hole, 12 hole, 5 hole, or 6 hole in C
- Tempo: 127bpm
- Key: F major
– Download the sheet music and tabs below (right click and select “Save Link As”) :
- zip file with all sheets
- sheet music with chords
- 12 hole tabs (with sheet music)
- 6 hole tabs (with sheet music)
– Please play along with backing tracks provided below using earbuds or headphones. I will be layering a new backtrack over your instrument audio, so we should not hear the backtrack in your video.
- Full song Coming soon!
- Backtrack 1 (all instruments without ocarina)
- Backtrack 2 (all instruments with click track)
- Stems/Individual parts (WAV format, ZIP file) COMING SOON!
– DO NOT EDIT YOUR VIDEOS. Even though only a portion of your performance may be used, leaving your videos unedited makes it MUCH easier for me to edit, even if there are large amounts of silence where you are not playing.
– Video files accepted: .MP4 and .MOV are preferable. Please do not submit .AVI or .WMV.
– To submit your video, please upload your file to Dropbox, Google Drive, or host on your own personal server, then submit a downlink via this Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/oP9K6UMF9TZs23Ex2
– Submission Deadline: November 5th, 11:59pm Pacific
** Frequently Asked Questions **
What if I don’t own a good camera or recording equipment?
If you can’t borrow one from a family or friend, many smartphones are equipped with pretty nice cameras and mics, which are perfectly fine. Otherwise, it’s okay if your camera isn’t the best. I just want you to be a part of this and to have fun!
Why kind of ocarina do I need? Why doesn’t my ocarina sound in tune with the song?
This song was written for ocarinas tuned to C, with a range of C to high F, so 10-hole is recommended for the whole song. There is a 6 hole variation as well. If you have an ocarina in a tuning other than C, transposing will be necessary.
Do we have to film in front of a public landmark like previous years?
No. however, considering we’re each representing our cities, states, and countries, it would still be cool to see some outdoor landmarks AND you’ll be sharing the ocarina with others around you!